Help Click This Ad =)

19 October 2007

WIRELESS@SG INSTALL SPYWARE ON MY LAPTOP?!



Went Clementi mac this morning eat breakfast and surf net (on Wireless@SG).
To my horror, there were tons of Creative Zen ADs all over the browser!
(see the screenshot at the bottom)

I was like "WTF, WIRELESS@SG INSTALL SPYWARE ON MY LAPTOP??!?!"


Luckily I know a bit of IT, so I opened up the source code of the webpage and checked. To my partial relief, I realize that the ADs are generated by Wireless@SG's server. No spywares =)

I mean, I'm fine if they wanna put ADs on the login page and/or whatever sites that I visit. But in this case, I can't even tag on the tagboard with the ADs all over it! It's pretty irritating to see 4, 5 of the same AD at the same time.

Please do revise on the quantity and placing,
any feedbacks are welcomed! (",)



(click to enlarge)

eXTReMe Tracker